Deadline For Registration is Friday July 13, 2018
Applications are open for the The Platform Nigeria Young Professionals Bootcamp (YPB) 2018 taking place 5-9 September 2018 in Lagos, Nigeria. The Young Professionals Bootcamp is a 5-day in-residence program for high potential 20-25 year olds to learn world class practical training, inspire innovation, drive success in the marketplace and ultimately lead to transformation of the Nigerian economy. YPB is an initiative of The Platform Nigeria, powered by Covenant Christian Centre. Key Objectives: To assist participants in clearly denying their career goals and executing an executive strategy for success To provide participants with an understanding of the key business skills and soft skills required for a successful corporate career To provide participants with a practical guide into maximizing the resources available in the work place for executive performance To provide insight into the tools and resources available to start and grow a successful career
This year’s edition has been streamlined into 3 key sectors:
- Entrepreneurship. This stream is designed to help aspiring entrepreneurs validate their ideas and understand steps to establish and grow their business
- Creative Industry. As one of the fastest growing & diverse employment sectors, this curriculum will help participants acquire the knowledge + skills necessary to become successful leaders in Entertainment, Media & the Arts
- Corporate Career. This stream is designed to highlight and equip participants with the key attributes required to build a successful corporate career
YPB is absolutely and completely FREE. Accommodation will also be made available for selected applicants. 200 participants will be selected from a pool of numerous applications to attend a 5 day intensive professional bootcamp. Participants will get opportunities for mentoring, internships, seed funding, business advisory and networking
Please note that you will require the following information/documents to complete your application. We strongly recommend that put the following requires together before you proceed with the application.
- Resume (PDF or doc format)
- Results for first degree / Final Year Students Should Attach Their Last session or Semester Result (PDF, PNG or Jpeg format)
- Birth certificate or proof of age (PDF, PNG or Jpeg format)
- Video Submission (Optional) : You are to record a short video (60 seconds maximum) in response to the question “What is your greatest achievement?”Please post this video on YouTube and share the link in the required field provided in the application form
- Describe a situation where you showcased exceptional leadership traits, indicate the Situation, the task, the action(s) you took and the result. (Max. 150 words)
- What unique trait/character/skill/experience stands you out from all other applicants to the YPB. Why is this important to you? (Max. 150 words)
- As an alumni of the YPB, how would you inspire change in the world. (Max. 150 words) PLEASE NOTE: It is 150 words not characters
Please select one option below to indicate your stream of learning. While all participants will learn core skills required for success in Leadership, Enterprise and Governance. Participants have an opportunity to acquire specific training in either of Entrepreneurship Corporate Career or Creatives and Media, in line with the short to medium term career aspirations.